Rupanyup Lions Park
We thought we might be one of the first to see Rupanyup’s Silo being painted but sadly the lady painting it, only just arrived and we leave tomorrow, bummer 🙁
After parking up at the camp run by the Loins Club, we had a stroll down the main street which is 2 min away, passing an old car that had been turned in to a plant pot 😀
So many of the shops look derelict which was sad to see 🙁
Shining bright in the middle of the street tho was a little shop selling Coffee and the best chocolate brownie everrrrrr! “Living, Home and Giftwares” is filled with beautiful gifts and clothes but has some seating outside for you to sit. It’s like an oasis in the desert! This was originally Cust’s Store, the first shop in the town in 1872. This is a short video of the store
About 600 meters away from the camp, just down the main street is the Rupanyup pub. There is also a take away shop and the post office which is next to the Silo to be painted.
The camp site is on gravel and is near a pond/lagoon? It has a couple of bridges over it, one of which leads to the town. The electric BBQ and tables are between the water and the camp it’s a nice place to sit and relax.
They have a dump point which is very handy 🙂
It’s only $10 for power and water and has 24 hr toilets and a shower, the shower is $1 for 5 min. They also have a large sink outside and a washing line, not forgetting a bin.
Someone from the Lions Club came to collect our $10 late afternoon and gave us a receipt. If you arrive and leave before they see you there is a box to put your money in.
The lady who came to collect the money and a group of others from the Lions Club, had a meeting by the BBQ to discuss what might be done with the money to improve the camp. It was really nice to see some of the locals wanting to make it even more of an RV friendly town!
I can see this place getting busy once the Silo starts being painted, just a shame we will have to wait for our next lap!
- Click for Google map location
- Location : Rupanyup Lions park ( about 170 Km west of Bendigo – 3.5 hours from Melbourne – 3 hours from Mildura – 45 mins from Horsham)
- State: Victoria
Pets : Yes
Price : $10pn
Power ? : Yes
Water : Yes
Will suit – most sized vehicles
Is it on Wikicamps ?: Yes
Drive time to nearby shops: 1 minutes to local shops
WIFI (tested with boost): Yes
Amenities : Toilet / Showers/ BBQ/Dump Point
You Might Also Like:
- How To House Sit Around Australia
- Our Caravan Makeover
- Upholstering Our Caravan Lounge
- 15 Lessons Learned Full Time Caravanning
- Installing Our Caravan Diesel Heater
- Taking Our Caravan Washing Machine Out
- Jayco Slide Out Re Syncing
- Caravanning Questions & Answers
- Security Tips When Free Camping
- 22 Water Saving Tip For Caravanners
- 10 Toilet Tips & Tricks
- Travel Budget Tracking Spreadsheet
- Our Caravan & Camping Shop
- Off Grid & Self Sufficient Caravan
- Free Camps Around Australia
- Camps Under $20
- Crossing The Nullarbor – Our 7 Camps